Michigan Sportsbooks and Online Casinos Have Record Breaking November

Latest News

Last month, Michigan’s 15 online casinos generated a record-breaking $175.3 million in revenue, bringing the total revenue generated in 2023 to $1.58 billion. Online sportsbooks also broke a handle record and experienced the busiest month since beginning operation in January 2021. Sportsbooks experienced a monthly handle of $568.8 million.

According to the MGCB, online operators generated a combined gross receipts of $209.2 million. Online casino gaming made up the majority of gross receipts last month, accounting for $175.3 million in gross receipts or 83.8%. Sports wagering represented the remaining 16.2% or 33.9 million dollars. Online casino revenue was the highest ever on record, beating out Michigan’s previous monthly record by over $3.5 million. The previous monthly revenue record for the state was back in March 2023, when operators brought in $171.8 million in gross receipts.

Despite November generating one of the largest handles in online sports betting in Michigan, the hold remained relatively low, indicating players performed a little better against the books! The total handle was the highest monthly handle reported on record, reaching $568.8 million by the end of the month. The record beats out the previous record of $533 million generated in October by about 6.7%. Online bookies collected around $33.9 million during the month, translating to a hold of 6%. 

Possibly the biggest winner from last month was the state of Michigan. November online casino and sports wagering generated $33.6 million in state tax revenue. 

The $33.6 million was collected as follows:

– $32.9 million collected from internet gaming taxes and fees

– $740,056 collected from internet sports betting taxes and fees 

Detroit’s three retail casinos report their revenue separately to the MGCB. During the month of November, the three casinos reported paying the City of Detroit:

– $8.2 million in internet gaming taxes and fees

– $180,872 in sports betting taxes and fees

Tribal casinos reported paying $4.1 million to governing bodies last month. 

Online Casino Figures November 2023

Online BrandCasino PartnerNovember RevenueTaxesPromos
BetMGMMGM Grand Detroit$46,715,962$12,297,977$4,671,596
FanDuelMotorCity$43,938,781$11,566,884$4,393,878
DraftKingsBay Mills$34,684,415$8,740,473$3,468,441
BetRiversLittle River Band of Ottawa$10,716,422$2,700,538$1,071,642
CaesarsGrand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa$9,112,332$2,296,308$911,233
Golden NuggetKeweenaw Bay$6,983,225$1,759,773$698,322
Barstool/HollywoodGreektown$4,125,571$1,086,057$412,557
Four WindsPokagon Band of Potawatomi$3,164,881$797,550$316,488
EagleSaginaw Chippewa$3,033,123$764,347$303,312
WynnBetSault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa$2,772,676$698,714$277,268
PokerStarsLittle Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa$2,573,932$648,631$257,393
Play Gun LakeMatch-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi$2,150,432$541,909$215,043
PointsBetLac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa$2,099,722$529,130$209,972
FireKeepersNottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi$1,905,666$480,228$190,567
SIHannahville$1,323,927$320,100$134,152

Online Sports Betting Figures November 2023

Online BrandCasino PartnerHandleHoldNovember RevenueTaxes
FanDuelMotorCity$221,094,5815.40%$11,948,318$452,715
DraftKingsBay Mills$151,850,4937.00%$10,592,580$394,382
BetMGMMGM Grand Detroit$80,111,9585.90%$4,737,627$214,514
Barstool/ESPNGreektown$54,838,19412.30%$6,747,797$55,233
CaesarsGrand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa$37,313,5075.20%$1,956,233$41,289
BetRiversLittle River Band of Ottawa$15,319,627-1.50%-$237,140$0
PointsBetLac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa$9,993,6325.70%$571,955$0
WynnBetSault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa$3,380,9245.70%$192,049$16,132
EagleSaginaw Chippewa$3,370,1595.80%$195,483$5,864
FireKeepersNottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi$2,005,2891.60%$31,909$0
Four WindsPokagon Band of Potawatomi$1,420,9186.30%$89,465$0
SIHannahville$1,321,2496.00%$78,901$0
Play Gun LakeMatch-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi$1,079,2327.30%$78,778$0
Golden NuggetKeweenaw Bay$1,042,6815.70%$59,310$286

Mac Daniel is a writer for PlayOnlineCasino and PlayOnlineSportsBetting. He has experience writing about a wide variety of topics, including healthcare, tourism, non-profit organizations, and most recently casino and sportsbetting news. To check out more of his work, visit: playonlinemichigan.com